Saturday, May 26, 2012

The Iron King

Julie Kagawa

Meghan Chase has a secret destiny; one she could never have imagined.

Something has always felt slightly off in Meghan's life, ever since her father disappeared before her eyes when she was six. She has never quite fit in at school or at home.

When a dark stranger begins watching her from afar, and her prankster best friend becomes strangely protective of her, Meghan senses that everything she's known is about to change.

But she could never have guessed the truth - that she is the daughter of a mythical faery king and is a pawn in a deadly war. Now Meghan will learn just how far she'll go to save someone she cares about, to stop a mysterious evil no faery creature dare face; and to find love with a young prince who might rather see her dead than let her touch his icy heart.


Quotes from the book

“I licked my lips and whispered, 'Is this where you say you'll kill me?'
One corner of his lips curled. 'If you like,' he murmured, a flicker of amusement finally crossing his face. 'Though it's gotten far too interesting for that.”

********

“Ash blinked. "Are you raiding the cellars now, Goodfellow?"

"Me? Stealing?" Puck flashed a devious grin and popped another fruit into his mouth. "In the house of my ancient enemy? What gave you that idea?" He plucked another fruit and tossed it to me with a wink.”

********

“He shook his head, examining the wound again. “It's not frostbitten,“ he muttered. “It'll blister, but you should be fine. You might only lose a couple fingers.“
I glanced at him sharply, but he was smirking. For a moment, I was speechless. Good God, the Ice Prince was making jokes now; the world must be ending.”


My Thoughts

This book is (by far) one of the best I have ever read! It is fantastic! 

The characters are interesting, and the main character, Meghan Chase, is easy to relate to (apart from the being half Fey thing) and Ash, don't even get me started on Ash! (upcoming YA Hottie) He comes across a bit nasty at the start, but he warms up and you start to realise who he really is.

The whole concept of a faery world existing just because people believe in them is really cool, and there are some serious twists and turns that you would never expect!

Best faery/fairy book I have read (and I've read a fair few) also one of the best YA books I have read! If you want to read a book that is compelling and impossible to put down, then this is definitely the book for YOU!

Hurry, go buy it and start it straight away, you don't want to miss out.


I'm so  in LOVE I think I've died and gone to heaven!


Happy Reading,


2 comments:

  1. I really need to start this series! It is so good to hear that you loved this one so much - it sounds great!

    New to your blog,
    Steph @ Stepping Out of the Page

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read this series a while ago, and absolutely loved it!!

    I'm new to your blog, but I thought it was awesome, so I tagged you for The Liebster Blog Award

    ReplyDelete